Sat, 23 Jan|
Two-day Intense Virtual Watercolour Workshop
Draw and paint a majestic lilac-breasted roller.
Time & Location
23 Jan 2021, 16:00 GMT
About the Event
Join me in an intense two-day watercolour workshop, where I will share with you, my knowledge and experience in drawing and painting a very colourful bird called lilac-breasted roller. This bird is native to Africa and has been photographed by many.
This workshop has been split into 2 sessions, so that it will be more relaxing and enjoyable for the participants.
- Photo references will be shared with you during the workshop.
- Video recording of the sessionswill be available for you to download after the workshops.
- Session 1: Saturday 23rd Jan, from 4.00pm to 5.15pm (GMT)
(During this time, we will work on the line drawing necessary for the watercolour painting; learn to observe from reference photos, build a composition and decide the different elements that can go into our final piece. The session will be wrapped up with a Q&A.)
- Session 2: Sunday, 24th Jan, from 4.00pm to 5.15pm (GMT)
(During this time, we will being to paint our final piece, Lilac breasted roller. Prior to that, we will discuss about the colours required, colour mixing, practise brush strokes and hand movement. The session will be wrapped up with a Q&A.)
Paint in the comfort of you home
The workshop will provide you with engaging live sessions of drawing and painting in a relaxed and enjoyable virtual group.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is great for anybody who is passionate about learning some techniques of drawing and painting in watercolour. The techniques can be applied to any watercolour paintings in the future.
What will you learn?
- drawing techniques to sketch a bird from scratch
- referring a phtograph for your painting
- how to build a painting composition
- how to transfer a drawing on to watercolour paper
- colour mixing, brush strokes and hand movement while painting with watercolour
- Create feather-like texture
- Understanding light and shadow
- Watercolour paints
- Watercolour brushes: round pointed brush(size 10 or 12), round pointed brush (size4 or 6, for details)
- Watercolour paper ( 300 gsm weight)
- 2 Jars of water
- Palette ( large plate, any palette with large mixing area)
- Kitchen towel/ tissue to absorb excess water/pigment
- Masking tape
- Pencil and eraser
- White gouache for highlights
- A hair dryer for drying paint could be handy