Sat, 26 Sept|
Free Watercolour Workshop
Free virtual workshop for complete beginners; Learn basic watercolour washes and paint a simple landscape
Time & Location
26 Sept 2020, 17:00 – 19:00 BST
About the Event
Join me in a free zoom class to learn the basics of watercolours while painting an easy landscape.
Learn through a step by step approach with an opportunity to interact with me directly while you paint.
This session is quite similar to the previous one, We will practise the basic watercolour washes we learnt last week.
This could be a great opportunity for you to practise and gain more confidence.
What will you learn:
- Basic watercolour washes
- Using and controlling water
- Mixing pigments
- Observe things around you to create better artworks
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for beginners, who would like to learn the basic techniques of watercolours.
I will also talk about how to observe nature to create realistic artworks.
The techniques you learn here can be applied to any watercolour paintings in the future.
- Watercolour paints
- Watercolour brushes: one flat (1 or 2 inch), round pointed brush(size 10 or 12), optional-round pointed brush (size4 or 6, for details)
- Watercolour paper ( 300 gsm weight)
- 2 Jars of water
- Palette ( large plate, any palette with large mixing area)
- Kitchen towel/ tissue to absorb excess water/pigment
- Masking tape
- Art board/ foam board/ a clean table to tape your paper down
- Pencil and eraser
- White gouache for highlights
- a hair dryer for drying paint could be handy