Sun, 25 Sept|
Paint A Magnificent Cedar Tree In Watercolour And Pen
Experience the joy of painting in the comfort of your home.
Time & Location
25 Sept 2022, 14:00 BST – 26 Sept 2022, 16:15 BST
About the Event
Watercolour is a beautiful medium to paint with. The bright translucent pigments are a perfect combination with any drawing media. However, the uncontrollable flow of water on paper and the unforgiving nature of paper itself can make the expereince feel very daunting. Watercolour, combined with pen is a more relxed way of using the medium and also let you explore and develop a unique style. You will be surprised to see beautiful results right from the beginning!
The workshop is divided into two sessions. During the first session, you will learn the basic techniques using watercolour and combine it with pen. We will also discuss about perspective that is necessary for the project.
The second session will concentrate on creating the scene with a beautiful cedar tree and a park bench. Please find the schedule for this workshop below.
- 2.00 pm- 2.40 pm: Introduction to watercolour and pen.
- 2.40pm- 2.50pm: Question and answer session; during this time you can ask me any questions you have regarding the medium, materials etc.
- 2.50pm-3.00pm: Short break
- 3.00 pm- 4.00pm: Paint the scene with the cedar tree and the park bench
- 4.00pm- 4.15pm: Question and answer session.
- Watercolour Paper/ Mixed Media Paper (individual sheets/sketchbooks/watercolour blocks)
- Watercolour Paint in tubes/pans
- Watercolour Brushes (round brush pointed size 12/10. You can also use chinese calligraphic brushes or angular brushes depending on your comfort)
- Waterproof Pen (You can use any of the following:micro tips, doodling pens, fountain pens with waterproof ink, dip pen and indian ink)
- Pencil and Eraser
- 2 Jars of Water
- Kitchen Towels
- Masking tape
- White gouache
- Hair dryer
The reference picture will be sent to you prior to the workshop.
Please feel free to contact me if you need help finding the right materials.