Sat, 20 Mar|
Urban sketching in watercolour and ink
Time & Location
20 Mar 2021, 17:00 – 18:30 GMT
About the Event
Windows are the eyes of a building. It adds character to a building. Looking at picturesque windows, adorned with flowers and foliage of all sorts make me feel at home. As an artists, urban sketching has always been one of my comfort zones. So, I would love to invite you enjoy the process and paint with me.
Join me for a relaxing evening workshop, where we will use watercolour and ink to doodle picturesque windows.
Doodling or sketching absent-mindedly is a way of relaxing your mind. In this workshop, we will concentrate more on enjoying the process. Hence, I would like to provide you with an experience and knowledge that will help create sketches in your own style with confidence!
What will you learn?
> Watercolour techniques that will help you relax and enjoy the process.
> Simple watercolour washes and techniques.
> How to use ink to doodle or enhance your watercolour sketches.
> Understand light and shadow
Paint in the comfort of you home
The workshop will provide you with engaging live sessions of drawing and painting in a relaxed and enjoyable virtual group.
- Watercolour paint
- Watercolour brushes: round pointed brush(size 6,8 or 10)
- Calligraphic dip pen/Black ink pen: Doodling pens/ micro tips/ball points
- Indian ink/ any drawing inks you prefer.
- Watercolour paper/ multemedia sketchbook, moleskine art sketchbook
- 2 Jars of water
- Palette ( large plate, any palette with large mixing area)
- Kitchen towel/ tissue to absorb excess water/pigment
- White gouache/ white gel pen for highlights(optional)
- A hair dryer for drying paint could be handy
This ticket includes an edited video recording of the workshop that will be shared with your after the workshop.£12.00