Sat, 21 Nov|
Virtual Watercolour Workshop
Paint a cute and furry fox pup
Time & Location
21 Nov 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 GMT
About the Event
Join me in a live zoom class to paint a cute fox pup in watercolour.
I aim to provide you with an engaging virtual learning experience through a step by step approach.
A line drawing of the fox pup is provided below. I would like to kindly request you to take a print out of it, ready for the workshop as it will be used to transfer the sketch onto your watercolour paper.
If a printer is not available, you can trace it off your computer screen using a layout paper or tracing paper.
Follow these steps :-
- Have your picture ready on your laptop/ computer
- Set the brightness of the screen to the maximum.
- Use a small strip of masking tape to stick a tracing paper/ layout paper over your screen.
- Use a pencil to trace the line drawing.
This line drawing will be used to to transfer the drawing on to the watercolour paper. You will be guided through this during the workshop.
What will you learn:
- How to transfer a sketch on to watercolour paper
- Paint fur texture
- Watercolour techniques that can help you paint independently
- Confident brush strokes
- Bold use of colour
- Use white gouache for highlights
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is great for anybody who is passionate about painting.
The techniques used can be applied to any watercolour paintings in the future.
- Watercolour paints
- Watercolour brushes: round pointed brush(size 10 or 12), optional-round pointed brush (size4 or 6, for details)
- Watercolour paper ( 300 gsm weight), size A4 or slightly larger
- 2 Jars of water
- Palette ( large plate, any palette with large mixing area)
- Kitchen towel/ tissue to absorb excess water/pigment
- Pencil and eraser
- White gouache for highlights
- A hair dryer for drying paint could be handy