Thu, 17 Sept|
Watercolour workshop for beginners
Learn basics of watercolour; paint an easy landscape and a dramatic sky.
Time & Location
17 Sept 2020, 18:00 – 20:00 BST
About the Event
Join me in a live zoom class to learn the basics of watercolours while painting an easy landscape and a dramatic sunset sky.
Learn through a step by step approach with an opportunity to interact with me directly while you paint.
What will you learn:
- Basic watercolour washes
- Using and controlling water
- Mixing pigments
- Observe things around you to create better artworks
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for beginners, who would like to learn the basic techniques of watercolours.
I will also talk about how to observe nature to create realistic artworks.
The techniques you learn here can be applied to any watercolour paintings in the future.
- Watercolour paints
- Watercolour brushes: one flat (1 or 2 inch), round pointed brush(size 10 or 12), optional-round pointed brush (size4 or 6, for details)
- Watercolour paper ( 300 gsm weight)
- 2 Jars of water
- Palette ( large plate, any palette with large mixing area)
- Kitchen towel/ tissue to absorb excess water/pigment
- Masking tape
- Art board/ foam board/ a clean table to tape your paper down
- Pencil and eraser
- White gouache for highlights
- a hair dryer for drying paint could be handy